On the highly remote mine on an island off the coast of Northern Australia, one of Eneraque’s valued clients approached Eneraque for a solution to address
multiple issues they were having with the existing manual operation system of their Waterstands.
With dust control one of the key environmental responsibilities of the mine operation the current set up was creating multiple issues including:
- Excessive fuel usage due to generator driven electric pumps running 24/7.
- Long water truck refilling times due to operator being unable to turn on the diesel booster pump from the waterstand location.
- OH&S risk to operators due to poor lighting of manual valve area at night.
- Security/Safety risk to operators due to having to get out of their vehicles in an un-monitored area at night.
- Excessive maintenance costs of generators and pumps due to unnecessary operation.
Eneraque designed, manufactured, and installed onsite a radio controlled ‘one-touch’ Waterstand Automation System that started all the pumps on each waterstand
circuit and opened the waterstand valve from the cab of the water truck; then a simple ‘one-touch’ shutdown sequence.
The entire system is solar powered with battery backup allowing continuous operation of the Waterstand Automation System delivering solutions to all of
the existing issues:
- Diesel generator driving the electric pumps is started/stopped on command, and the electric pumps start/stop in sequence allowing the generator to
only run when required.
- Water truck filling times reduced by starting the diesel booster pump in sequence vastly increasing flow.
- OH&S issues removed by allowing operator to remain in cab at all times.
- Security/Safety risk to operators reduced by allowing operator to remain in cab at all times.
- Maintenance costs are reduced due to mechanical elements of the system only running when water trucks need filling.
Another excellent Eneraque project that provides fuel costs savings, extends the life of the assets and reduced the service budget as the
time between services is extended.
For optimal cost-savings and smart mining efficiency solutions, contact our friendly team at Eneraque today.